Monday, December 21, 2009

Herpes On The Lower Abdomen

The Last House on the left


rating 8


A film by Wes Craven. Cast: Sandra Cassel, David Hess, Lucy Grantham. 1972 U.S.


Dear readers and fans, I can finally return to dedicate a certain continuity to this blog and review this little treasure, or at risk of falling into oblivion.
I recently saw the remake of the film which I am reviewing that I found admirable and stylistically interesting, but I was really surprised when, reading here and there on the Internet, few knew of the existence of an original dated 1972 and many had seen him.
E 'Craven's debut film, which despite not being one of my favorite directors, in my opinion has contributed significantly to the growth of the horror genre with this film and "The Hills Have Eyes."

The beautiful young Mary Collingwood is the only daughter of a wealthy family living in a quiet suburb near New York. On the evening of his birthday Mary gets permission from her parents to go to a rock concert in the "Big Apple" accompanied by a friend.
In the desire to transgress and live a different evening, the two try to buy some drugs, instead falling into the trap of being hunted by four ruthless thugs police. Criminals, in the throes of alcohol and drugs, abused and tortured the girls with a cruelty never before seen raging its even their dead bodies. But something will ruin the plans of the four, something unpredictable and stronger than them.
Smooth, innovative and sometimes even fun. Wes Craven has declared to be ashamed of having made this film. In my opinion, should be ashamed of many other films.






0 comments:

Post a Comment